Being a longtime conservative country, the Philippines is still undergoing the process of exploring the community that identifies themselves beyond the two dominant genders we are familiar with. Thanks to time and the courage of influential Filipino celebrities, whether in the local or international scene, people are slowly but surely beginning to accept our LGBT brothers and sisters.
It is definitely a heavier burden for well-known Filipino celebrities to come out as gay or bisexual. They become targets for negative and hate-filled criticisms but their status and renown also help closeted people to come out and be proud of who they are.
We list 11 famous Filipino celebrities who were not afraid to speak out about their sexuality and are still succeeding in their public career.
1. Paolo Ballesteros – He is perhaps one of the most famous local actors who has opened up about his true sexuality – having received praise for his talents both locally and internationally.
2. Sinon Loresca – The ‘King of the Catwalk’ is another Kapuso actor who was always proud of being a homosexual.
3. Boobay – The energetic and well-loved comedian shocked everyone when he posted a selfie that highlighted his handsome features.
4. Prince Stefan – The Hunky “StarStruck” alumnus is a happy man being in a relationship with Paolo Amores.
5. Fifth Solomon – The former “Pinoy Big Brother” housemate came out as bisexual which gained him the love and support of many Filipino viewers.
6. Sebastian Castro – Sebastian is an Internet sensation known mostly for the “gay-themed music videos” he releases.
7. BJ Pascual – This talented celeb photographer has an eye for style and fashion and happens to be his own best subject.
8. Conrad Ricamora – Surprised to know that he’s Filipino? The beloved Oliver from the hit show “How to Get Away with Murder” is proudly gay and was given The Human Rights Campaign’s Visibility Award.
9. Vincent Rodriguez III – In the television show “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” Vincent plays Josh – the handsome man who the show’s female protagonist is crazy about. But in real life, he is married to partner Gregory Wright.
10. Mark Bautista – Mark caused quite a stir when he released his controversial autobiography containing the confession that he is bisexual.
11. Bretman Rock – This loud, animated young man is everyone’s favorite YouTuber and this has led to a stream of successful collaborations that has brought him a hefty amount of dough.
What do you think of the famous names in this list? Were you shocked to find out some well-known faces in Hollywood were also Filipino? Share your thoughts, reactions, and opinions in the comments section below!