Love is free. It knows no boundaries or limitations. Celebrities, however, tend to fall in love with people within their small circle of the rich and the famous.
Here are 5 celebrities who have found love in the arms of mayors.
1. Aiko Melendez confirmed recently that she’s in a relationship with the Mayor Jay Khonghun of Subic, Zambales.
She had a relationship in 2007 with Mayor Patrick Meneses of Bulacan, Bulacan. Right after their breakup 2011, Aiko’s friend Ara Mina became Menses’ new girlfriend. Also, Aiko filed a case against her ex-boyfriend for violating of Article 353 of the Revised Penal Code or libel in Malolos Regional Trial Court which was later on dismissed in November 2011.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Childless couple who have been trying for 8 years shocked after seeing ultrasound
2. Ara Mina and Mayor Patrick Meneses relationship became formal in 2012. The controversial love affair of the two led to a deep disagreement with former friends Ara and Aiko.
It can be remembered that before Meneses and Ara got involved, she also had an affair with Aiko’s ex-husband Jomari Yllana.
Their relationship resulted in a beautiful baby girl named Amanda Gabriel in 2014. However, the two split up a year later. Still, the two remained friends.
3. Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 1 housemate Niña Jose shocked social media with her wedding with the Mayor of Bayambang, Pangasinan, Cezar Quiambao on November 17, 2017. They already got married last January 2017 in a civil ceremony.
Niña was 29 at that time and she married a man twice her age. Despite that, she doesn’t seem to have any problem with their age gap. She, later on, became the chairperson of the Local Council of Women (LCW) in Bayambang.
Mayor Quiambao is a billionaire entrepreneur of Stradcom Corporation, an information technology company.
4. Bianca Manalo and Jonathan Tan relationship only became public knowledge during the Mararison island incident.
Bianca also recently broke up with Brazilian-Japanese model-actor Fabio Ide last 2017.
5. Kris Aquino- Kris Aquino got involved with three mayors herself.
Back in 2002, her relationship with former Parañaque mayor, Joey Marquez started after her interview for “The Buzz” in ABS-CBN. After a year, it ended up rough and Kris accused him of infecting her with a sexually transmitted disease (STD). It all ended in an out-of-court settlement after Joey made a public apology.
Years after, she was linked to Makati Mayor Junjun Binay.
Later in 2014, Kris Aquino and Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista admitted that they were in a relationship. It led to a rejected proposal in April 2014. He also proposed the second time to Kris at Rome, Italy. Both are currently loveless.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Jennylyn Mercado shuts down Dennis Trillo engagement rumors
Every story seemed so crazy but hey, that’s love.
What do you think of the current and past relationships of these celebrities? Share your thoughts, reactions, and opinions in the comments section below!